Empty courts have such an energy to them, don’t you think? Even though I found these images on real estate and country club websites, I think they’re art. Or maybe I’m just really jonesing for a good match now that the weather is cooling down… Either way, Austin has some great tennis facilities to choose from. Here’s a quick run down on some of my favorites:
- Rippner Tennis (South Austin Tennis Center) – $4 a person for 2 hours, last time I checked. Anyone can play. Courts fill up fast on pretty days so call ahead for reservations!
- Caswell Tennis Center – $4 a person. Limited number of courts. Anyone can play. This is the one on West Campus off Lamar.
- Whitaker Fields – The UT intramural fields on Guadalupe. 40 pristine courts. You must be a student or staff member of the University of Texas to play here. MAN I miss that place.
- Westwood Country Club – Members only. Tarrytown mom central! This place is tucked away behind Mt. Bonnell Road close to Laguna Gloria. Best thing about club tennis? Grilled cheese and fries after the match!
- Tarry House – Members only. So old school they don’t even need a website. And you’d better get on the wait list now…